Author Topic: my story...  (Read 2431 times)

November 25, 2011, 10:04:39 AM
Reply #30
  • Superhero Member

Well, that's awful about your mother hitting you - that habit has got to stop in the culture.

I have to say I would LOVE to see your prom pics, kc!! *2* dates!!  That must have been hilarious - you are right, it must have looked like you were there with bodyguards!!  You & The Dates must have had the best time!!  How did you convince them to go together like that?  Were they jealous?  How did that work?
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan

November 25, 2011, 12:15:49 PM
Reply #31
  • Superhero Member
  • Panda at Toronto Zoo

Well, that's awful about your mother hitting you - that habit has got to stop in the culture.

I have to say I would LOVE to see your prom pics, kc!! *2* dates!!  That must have been hilarious - you are right, it must have looked like you were there with bodyguards!!  You & The Dates must have had the best time!!  How did you convince them to go together like that?  Were they jealous?  How did that work?

Ya...I agree with you...I remember when I was still in elementary school(I was around 9 I think)..I think I said something, it was bad, and I got a fat lip because she hit me with her shoe. No teacher intervene or asked me or questioned what happened.
Or there was a time where I wouldn't do what my mom wanted me to do and she would pull my hair to do what she wanted me to do(I was about 14 or 15).
I remember I almost missed the bus to get to school for a final exam in science(i hated science) and I had to pretend that nothing happened. I don't remember if I was hit, I think I blocked it....but i was lucky to catch the bus and passed the exam, this was in grade 10.
So, when I had my doctor warn my mother about the whiplash, nothing happened after that.
I remember when I was 11 or 12, my one of my brothers friends smacked my ass too, it was one summer, my parents weren't around...I didn't say anything, even to this day actually coming to think about it.

Regarding my prom, I may have pictures, but I'm not sure where they are...basically, I was going out with one of them, but the other guy i was friends with. So, I agreed that it would be okay to bring both of them as long they were okay with it. They weren't jealous...so it was a fun night!  :smile:

November 25, 2011, 01:17:31 PM
Reply #32
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

I'm sorry your mom smacked you. It's not all right.

We want prom pics.
Hate is so ugly, no matter how much religion you wrap around it.~Mox

November 25, 2011, 01:27:50 PM
Reply #33
  • Superhero Member

:console: I`m sorry your mom smacked you too.

I`m glad you got to the prom and had some experiences which I never did.  :grouphug:

November 25, 2011, 01:31:06 PM
Reply #34

I would love to see those pictures too. 2 dates!

I knew no one was going to ask me to Prom, so I asked a friend to be my date. We went in a big group of friends, so it was fun.
This too shall pass.

November 25, 2011, 02:00:32 PM
Reply #35
  • Superhero Member
  • My little Goddess Athena

I went to the prom long enough to Dance with my Father and Grandfather and then left and went to a party in the bush!
"if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun"
Katherine Hepburn

November 25, 2011, 02:06:21 PM
Reply #36

A party in the bush? What is that slang for?  :giggle:
This too shall pass.

November 25, 2011, 02:07:36 PM
Reply #37
  • Superhero Member

That's not slang for anything, I grew up in a mountain valley filled with rain forest.  We had parties in the bush a lot.
Katherine Hepburn

November 25, 2011, 02:30:22 PM
Reply #38
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

Sounds like a slice of heaven.

November 25, 2011, 02:39:24 PM
Reply #39

Ok, sorry. I guess I just have a dirty mind  :evilgrin:
This too shall pass.

November 25, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
Reply #40
  • Superhero Member

It was a beautiful place scenery wise, but I don't like small towns much...
Katherine Hepburn

November 25, 2011, 05:19:09 PM
Reply #41

I like small towns, but I guess it depends on your definition of small. I grew up in a town of 60,000, which was just about the right size for me. I wouldn't have liked growing up in a town with less than 10,000 people.
This too shall pass.

November 25, 2011, 05:32:28 PM
Reply #42
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

Where I grew up "town" was about ten thousand people. I lived in the country.

November 25, 2011, 06:32:00 PM
Reply #43
  • Superhero Member

yeah town was about 8000 people or so.  Much too small for me.
Katherine Hepburn

November 25, 2011, 07:43:37 PM
Reply #44
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

The peninsula that I lived on after I got out of the house had only around 2000 people. Everyone knew everyone.
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ pooh

"Inevitably, the tears of heartbreak water the heart they came from, and we grow."~Luke Storms