Author Topic: LCD vs Plasma  (Read 1126 times)

November 19, 2012, 04:11:17 PM
  • Superhero Member
  • Panda at Toronto Zoo

Hi...

Now that I have this job at the liquor store, I will have to depart from my grandfathers tv I have. It will be hard...but as I get to it, whats a good tv to get?

I heard Plasma takes up a bit more energy than LCD, Is that true? If thats the case, then LCD is better? Just wondering...

November 20, 2012, 01:19:28 AM
Reply #1
  • Superhero Member
  • Mister: Slayer of strings and squeaky mice.

I don't think it matters that much anymore. LCD's might have better resolution but don't quote me on that. I think plasmas have better colors and they might be cheaper. Either one should be cheap since the new OLED LCD's have been out a while. I would probably do my shopping at Walmart. I'm on my second LCD and I got it for about $500 at Wally World.

December 20, 2012, 09:09:28 PM
Reply #2

I'd also look at LED tv's the picture is more vivid,clearer,sharper and the used less power than plasma or LCD..

December 21, 2012, 08:44:37 PM
Reply #3
  • Superhero Member
  • My little Goddess Athena

I have one of each right now.  To be honest I don't notice a difference in picture quality.  However the plasma is a LOT heavier, and because it has a glass front the glare on it is much worse than on our LCD.
"if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun"
Katherine Hepburn

February 11, 2013, 07:59:16 PM
Reply #4

LCD or Plasma? I say get neither the best tv to get nowdays (picture quality wise) is LED.

Although LCD comes in a close 2nd....

Plasma (most not all) have a bad picture and use a lot of energy.

February 11, 2013, 08:09:43 PM
Reply #5
  • Superhero Member

My friend has a 50" Plasma and it has excellent high def picture. I think Plasmas also have better blacks but they don't last as long as LCD's.

February 12, 2013, 03:30:13 PM
Reply #6
  • Full Members
  • Superhero Member
  • I Hate Everything!

I definitely disagree with the Plasma comments....even with LED the Plasma screens still top them in overall quality. Nothing can match the blacks of a plasma....and since I like dark movies it fits right in with me. :smile:

The longevity issue has come a long way...they used to die in a few years but now their lifespan is much longer. Even the screen burn in is not much of an issue anymore...I play video games all the time and have next to no burn in issues.

"I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding" Albert Einstein

February 12, 2013, 05:41:55 PM
Reply #7

I'm clueless. I watch TV on my laptop.
This too shall pass.

February 13, 2013, 12:53:25 PM
Reply #8
  • Superhero Member

Well then I guess technically you would be watching TV on an LCD.  :biggrin:

February 13, 2013, 01:59:16 PM
Reply #9

Oh really? Well, in that case, I vote LCD, lol
This too shall pass.

February 14, 2013, 03:05:22 PM
Reply #10
  • Full Members
  • Superhero Member
  • I Hate Everything!

"I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding" Albert Einstein