Author Topic: How to use Bamboo pen?  (Read 1610 times)

October 03, 2013, 01:27:23 AM
  • Superhero Member

Every time I try to use the Bamboo pen and draw a curve, iinstead of drawing, it keeps rewinding (undoing my drawings).  How to stop it from rewinding????  It's so annoying.  I just want to turn it off.  It's like it won't let me draw curves or circles....

I have no clue which is why I hate drawing with my digital pad and pen.  Not only is it uncomfortable drawing on black pad and looking at the monitor, it is really tough and boring.

I use to be able to do a search on the Internet for information but search engines have changed that it's harder to filter out what I'm looking for.

October 04, 2013, 11:44:38 AM
Reply #1
  • Superhero Member

happy, I had no idea there was such a thing!  It looks so interesting!

Are there any online forums where ppl help each out? 

I'd love to see something you've created with this  :pump:
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan

October 04, 2013, 04:34:03 PM
Reply #2

Sorry, but I had never heard of a bamboo pen until just now.
This too shall pass.

October 11, 2013, 12:12:01 AM
Reply #3
  • Superhero Member

It's working now but I feel so uninspired to do anything with it

October 11, 2013, 10:05:22 AM
Reply #4
  • Superhero Member

I'm glad it's working right, Happy.  I've heard artists say that they have to work every day even when they have no inspiration.  I'm sorry this is a dry period for you.  (((((Happy)))))
Carl Sagan

October 12, 2013, 03:47:40 PM
Reply #5
  • Superhero Member

I find out from a tutorial that what I have is cheap basic tablet and so I lack more expressive capabilities...........I can't afford an intuous or cintique......

I don't know if i could do much with this tablet but i probably wouldn't do much even if i had an expensive tablet.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:01:28 PM by happy »

October 12, 2013, 06:08:00 PM
Reply #6

:console: Sorry you're having trouble drawing Happy.
This too shall pass.

October 12, 2013, 06:21:50 PM
Reply #7
  • Superhero Member
  • Mister: Slayer of strings and squeaky mice.

I think what I would do is put my drawing on paper and then just overlay it on the tablet and trace it with the stylus.

October 30, 2013, 02:13:11 AM
Reply #8
  • Superhero Member

Good idea, Andy.  I should have tried that.  If only I could find where I put my drawing...

I've been looking at reviews about the Intuous 5 tablet and I'm feeling hooked.....I like the fact that I have the tablet be wireless and I can touch the tablet to move the screen and not be tied to the computer.  I'm so lazy that I just want to draw while I'm lying down in bed.  Not to mention the capabilities of having more than 2000 pressure sensitivity....Do I really need that?????

Here, I'm actually thinking I need something more expensive and I haven't done anything with the tablet I have now.... :duh:  What is wrong with me?

October 30, 2013, 11:07:22 AM
Reply #9
  • Superhero Member

Here, I'm actually thinking I need something more expensive and I haven't done anything with the tablet I have now.... :duh:  What is wrong with me?

Oh happy, I don't think anything's wrong with you!  You just want to try something newer that might be more suited to you.  I think it's like that when you are learning a skill.  & when it's something like art, which can be very personal, you really want to develop.  I took as many university level visual arts courses as were available in the evenings & when we were supposed to be learning a particular skill, not many of us were happy to just stay there - we wanted to move on, to do more & better art.  In fact, you can't take drawing, sculpture or painting courses until you have successfully completed all the basic ones (2-D/3-D design, colour theory, etc.) & it feels like being held back from 'real art'. 

I really admire you for taking on this technology.  I am embarrassed to admit I hadn't heard of the bamboo pen until you posted here!  & this is after going to a digital art show earlier this year.  Now I realize this is likely how the artist did his work!   :duh: :duh: :duh:

I also admire that you continue to pursue art.  It is obvious to me that you are talented, so it is great that you do this.  I never do anything with art anymore & it would probably be a good idea if I did.  It is just another one of many things I've let slide. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Carl Sagan

October 30, 2013, 01:01:28 PM
Reply #10
  • Superhero Member

I haven't been doing art for a long time. It's something I've let slide for  many years.  I stopped dropping when i was a teenager.  I went back to it a 2-3 years in my late 20s when I went to take art classes.  Then stopped it totally when  to University while studying for 2 degrees.   Only recently I started getting into again when I went for the IMD program.  But I did not really have to draw much in the program.  I rarely draw.  It's been several months since I last drew something.

I rarely draw but I was able to get back into like riding a bicycle.....My art teacher had no clue but I was not an experienced artist as I rarely drew.  I only got back into it when I had to do a portfolio for the IMD program.

I've let time slide a lot so my techniques aren't very great.  I'm not very good or accurate at drawing.  I let time slide a lot because I gave up on drawing.  I thought I wasn't good enough.  I thought I'd never become good enough to make it as a living.  And I didn't want to be a starving artist.

I think you should get back into it when you have time....If I can, you can too... But it would take time to learn how to be comfortable to use a digital pen.

Drawing digital is actually a lot cleaner than using a real paint or pencil so, it would be much more better for me to try it because I'm too messy when it comes to painting and drawing.

The Bamboo tablet is the basic version that I have.  I should have called them Wacom tablets if I was to describe them.  Professionals do not use the Bamboo tablet to draw with.  They use the Intuous or the Cintique.  The Cintinque tablet looks amazing but they cost a $1000-$2100.  I am thinking of getting the Intuous 5 which is $250-$500.  It's more professional.  What I have isn't good enough.  I think I will get it because I want to be a professional artist....
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:31:29 AM by happy »

October 31, 2013, 12:32:16 AM
Reply #11
  • Superhero Member

:hug: :pump: Moreso, you convinced me to get the intuous5 tablet and because professionals use it so I should probably use it.   
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:58:14 AM by happy »

November 01, 2013, 09:03:41 PM
Reply #12
  • Superhero Member

Good for you, Happy!
Yes, I could have time for art if I made it a priority.  I have a cpl of oil paintings that I feel need more work.  & this is in spite of the fact that OH had one of them framed.  I was really embarrassed that he actually had it hanging up.  at least it was only up north & in a room that's not used too much. 
I just found a bit about the artist I saw earlier this yr.  His bio & some of his work is included:
http://www.berensonart.com/bernardo_amestoy.html  I really like the top 2, 'Custodians of the Universe' & the one beside it.  I don't remember the others from the show.
Carl Sagan

November 01, 2013, 09:57:42 PM
Reply #13
  • Superhero Member

Those are great work, Moreso. 

That's cool that you do oil painting and you must be very good at it.  I'm not very good at it, although I've tried it.  And I also make a mess with oil painting.

I got the tablet now but I'm afraid to use it now.  I don't know when I will stop feeling anxious about it.

November 02, 2013, 12:29:25 AM
Reply #14

I paint(acrylic).  I have taken a few art lessons and found out I liked painting.  I'm not an artist, but I enjoy being creative, and it helps me to relax.