Author Topic: A chance to be happy  (Read 443 times)

January 13, 2015, 04:18:07 PM
  • Superhero Member
  • Just keep swimming!

I was born in a disfunctional family, my father was an emotional abusive drunk and my mom was depressed. When I was almost 2yrs old she took my brother and me and fled. We went to live with grandma and grandpa until I was 6. Thatís when she married Herbert, my stepdad. He had a divorce before as well and mom and him would fight a lot. I got bullied at school and return to a difficult home situation afterwards. Mom was depressed and would often take it out on me, so I grew up thinking that my mom didnít love me.
My dad remarried too, his wife was devorced as well and has a child of her previous marriage, Kevin, heís 2 years older than me. A few days before I turned 16, he sexually abused me after which I was admitted into psychiatry. Four months later, when my mom and stepdad were taking me back after having spent the weekend at home, we got into a car accident. Herbert, my father figure, died.
After I recovered from a complicated pelvis fracture, I went back to school and finished secundary school. When I started going to university I got into new depression though, since mom wanted to remarry, when I hadnít processed my stepdadís death yet. I got back into psychiatry, after a year they referred me to another hospital, where I was an inpatient for another year and I got day therapy for another year, during which I got raped by a stranger in my house. I never received help for that. I finished therapy after which I was good for a year and then had another depression due to stress.
Thatís when I got into a church where the pastor abused me emotionally. I went there for 3 years, I left in the beginning of October 2014, and am doing day therapy again, because I am depressed now.

I feel like I never really had a chance to have a happy life and Iím hoping that I could start being happy again now. I have a lot I still have to deal with, but I have dreams. Iíd love to be a nurse and to have a family of my own one day.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:19:02 PM by Hannah »

January 13, 2015, 06:07:22 PM
Reply #1
  • Superhero Member

Hannah, I am so sorry for how hard your life has been.  It is really sad.  When I learn ppl's stories, I am always amazed at how they survive.  You are a very strong person, Hannah, to have come through all this and still be searching for answers and working so hard to feel whole, happy and healthy.  I wish you all the best in reaching your dreams. 
 :pump: :pump: :pump: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :pump: :pump: :pump:
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan

January 13, 2015, 06:21:07 PM
Reply #2
  • Superhero Member
  • Just keep swimming!

Aww, thx moreso!! :hug:

January 13, 2015, 08:46:43 PM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

I hope that your dreams come true, Hannah. I am sorry for all that you have been through.  :grouphug: :grouphug:
Hate is so ugly, no matter how much religion you wrap around it.~Mox