Author Topic: whats app  (Read 1363 times)

January 31, 2016, 09:13:28 AM
  • Superhero Member

Hi everyone,

Can you please help me with this one?

I think I might need to get the 'whats app' app to communicate with a work group.   I have questions:

1.  does anyone here use it?
2.  if you do, what do you think of it?
3.  I think the app itself is free but does it use internet data?  (OH & I share internet data and I don't want to go overbudget with it)

Thanks for any help or comments you can provide.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan

January 31, 2016, 01:16:22 PM
Reply #1

My extended family uses it to communicate. You can text and put pictures and videos on it. Personally I don't really like it that much though.

It does use Internet data if you're not connected to wi-fi. With my phone, I can choose to turn data off, and then it will only work when I'm connected to wi-fi. If you turn data off, you can be sure not to use any. I'm not sure exactly how much data it uses though. Probably depends on whether you post things like videos or just texts.
This too shall pass.

January 31, 2016, 05:58:23 PM
Reply #2
  • Superhero Member

Thanks a lot, Down.  That is very helpful!
Carl Sagan

February 02, 2016, 03:22:59 AM
Reply #3

I love WhatsApp for keeping in touch with friends and family that aren't local.  I like that it has text and call features.
Usually I use it via wi-fi but it doesn't use huge amounts of internet data if you use it that way.  My phone plan has 500MB data a month and even using email, Facebook, and games as well as WhatsApp I have yet to go over my limit.

February 02, 2016, 08:48:21 AM
Reply #4
  • Superhero Member

Thank you sophie_pup!  I think my husband & I share about 500MB of data so I hope that will be enough!  I will just try to make sure I am using available wifi.
Carl Sagan

June 16, 2016, 06:47:28 PM
Reply #5
  • Mistress Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Judge not lest ye be judged yourself

Moreso, I was wondering if you got that Whatsup App and if you like it. I never heard if it until I saw this thread from January! Egads....I need to be better at navigating around here.

June 18, 2016, 09:46:52 AM
Reply #6
  • Superhero Member

Kel, I did end up getting it and haven't used it at all.  So I don't have any news on it!!
Carl Sagan