Author Topic: Why am I here?: Fractured  (Read 14972 times)

December 31, 2010, 07:27:22 PM
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

My story is a long one and I hope someday to write it all down and sell the sucker.  LOL  I have suffered for far to long not to get some compensation.  My story is really a basic one of sexual, physical and emotional abuse as a child and adult.  I was born illegitimately.  The product of rape.  I was basically abandon by my mom.  She went off to school and left me with my grandparents.  When she did return she was getting married  and wanted a perfect little family.  I was wanted again. Things with the new daddy soon turned ugly and the abuses started.  I was a year old at the time.  Till I was 15 I endured the abuse from both my parents.  I screwed up HS my senior year because of depression.  I did graduate but also had a baby.  Looking for love in all the wrong places thing.  I ended up going from one abusive relationship after abusive relationship through the years.  Still find myself loving men who do nothing but hurt me somehow.  So my story isn't over yet, but still being written and I am in charge of the pen now.  I plan on writing a better future for myself.  One page at a time. One day at a time.   I may start my book here.  WHo knows?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 01:41:46 PM by moxielady »
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ pooh

"Inevitably, the tears of heartbreak water the heart they came from, and we grow."~Luke Storms

December 31, 2010, 08:47:32 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

Maybe we could have a db book.

I am sorry for the trauma you endured. In a perfect world no child would be exposed to any kind of abuse, but the world we live in is far from perfect.
Hate is so ugly, no matter how much religion you wrap around it.~Mox

January 07, 2011, 06:32:31 PM
Reply #2
  • Superhero Member
  • My little Goddess Athena

I'm so proud of you for deciding to take charge of the pen, Mox!
"if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun"
Katherine Hepburn

January 07, 2011, 08:48:20 PM
Reply #3

Mox

I just came across your post and I truly believe that your book (when you write it) will be awesome.  You have an amazing story to tell of a woman who through numerous trials and tribulations beat all the odds, made it through them all and is still here to tell the story.....that is incredible and I for one would love to read such an inspirational book :hug:

January 07, 2011, 11:59:19 PM
Reply #4

Gosh moxielady.  That upbringing must have been so difficult for you. I am real sorry to learn of the abuse you suffered.

I'm wishing for the very best of luck and happiness for you, as you begin writing that better future for yourself. you deserve it.

January 08, 2011, 12:47:31 AM
Reply #5
  • Superhero Member

Moxielady,

Because you seem like strong independent woman, I'm surprised to hear about your abuse as a child and adult.

I admire your strength and courage to take charge of your life which I can't seem to do.

I think you would have inspiring book to write.

I hope you can finally enjoy a proper, loving relationship that you deserve.  :hug:

January 08, 2011, 03:48:38 AM
Reply #6
  • Mistress Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Judge not lest ye be judged yourself

(((((((Moxie))))))) I love you!! You have been such a inspiration to me and I enjoy all the great chats we have and there will be many more in the future! Your a beautiful woman with a beautiful soul...

January 10, 2011, 07:12:22 AM
Reply #7
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

Thanks everyone.  I hope that in some why I can inspire others.  That by my story others can know that it isn't impossible to rise above the abuse and survive.    I still have many issues to overcome but have hope that in time and with work I can continue to get better and at least beat the PTSD.
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ pooh

"Inevitably, the tears of heartbreak water the heart they came from, and we grow."~Luke Storms

October 02, 2011, 12:16:21 PM
Reply #8

October 18, 2011, 09:20:09 PM
Reply #9
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

I was just rereading the responses here and want to thank you all again for the kind words and encouragement.

Ok here goes. My therapist says we are going to be writing out my life's story and putting it into a book.  This weeks assignment was to come up with a title, subtitle and a foreword for my book.  Well I have struggled all weekend trying to come up with at least the title.  Today though I had a bit of a breakthrough.  I came up with a title then  struggled with the subtitle and foreword but I did it. I am going to put what I have so far on here for review.  I will most likely add the other assignments as I do them. If you see any mistakes or room for improvement tell me. 

-----------------------------------------

Fractured
My broken life of abuse and the mending of my soul

Foreword

They say everyone has a story to tell of their lives.  I have one of darkness and pain.  One where the very people that were meant to protect me were the ones hurting me.  One where the abuse that I suffered left me more than just scarred, it left me broken.  It fractured my very being, leaving my personality literally in pieces.  This isn’t just a story about my multiple personalities though.  It is also about crippling PTSD, with it’s flashbacks, nightmares and anxiety. It is also about my struggle with bipolar and how it has plunged me into the darkness of depression, where I look into the face of death and about how I  fly so high from mania as if to touch the sun, only to crash to earth.  Yet, I still live and breathe thanks to the help of many caring people. This is my story of survival. 

----------------------------
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:47:47 PM by moxielady »

October 18, 2011, 09:43:13 PM
Reply #10
  • Superhero Member

Wow, Moxie, that is so beautifully written.  You really do have a talent for words.  Thank you once again for sharing this with us.  This has to be so hard.  And then you somehow manage to do it with beautiful, powerful words.   :pump:
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan

October 18, 2011, 10:30:13 PM
Reply #11
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

I like it.
Hate is so ugly, no matter how much religion you wrap around it.~Mox

October 19, 2011, 10:39:05 AM
Reply #12

I say WOW too!! and I love it!! Very good start my friend  :clap:

October 19, 2011, 01:02:20 PM
Reply #13
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

Thanks guys  I appreciate the feedback

October 19, 2011, 01:09:09 PM
Reply #14

Anytime and as much as you want!  :biggrin: