Author Topic: Why am I here?: Fractured  (Read 14368 times)

October 20, 2011, 11:15:06 PM
Reply #15
  • Superhero Member
  • Mister: Slayer of strings and squeaky mice.

:good: I will be the first to buy it when it hits the shelf.

October 20, 2011, 11:20:22 PM
Reply #16
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

Thanks guys.  Well today was therapy and I handed in my homework.  She read and said she loved it.  She really liked the title.  She was serious about me writing a book it seems.  She showed me a book one of her other clients wrote with her help. She expects to publish it.   It is going to take a long time to really give my story. But I am not leaving her anytime soon.  Well next weeks home work is to come up with chapter titles.  Not sure where I will go with that.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:11:17 PM by moxielady »
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ pooh

"Inevitably, the tears of heartbreak water the heart they came from, and we grow."~Luke Storms

October 21, 2011, 09:42:53 AM
Reply #17
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

It would take me more than a week to ocme up with them...but you can get a start.
Hate is so ugly, no matter how much religion you wrap around it.~Mox

October 21, 2011, 11:10:57 AM
Reply #18

Maybe you could do some research on how different books are done. I recently read a book by Jane Fonda and she had an interesting way of grouping her chapters. She called the first 1/3 Gathering, the second Seeking, and the third Beginning. Ok I can't really explain why, but she did a great job of explaining it. Darn I think I am just rambling nonsensically..............

October 21, 2011, 01:02:39 PM
Reply #19
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

Stop putting yourself down Glow.

October 21, 2011, 01:22:54 PM
Reply #20
  • Superhero Member

Mox have you ever read On Writing by Stephen King? The first half is autobiographical but in the second half he pretty much lays out the writing process as he goes through it. It might be worth reading and it's Stephen King so your local library should  have it. Just a thought.

October 21, 2011, 02:31:27 PM
Reply #21
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

I will try to find it.  I have to pay the fine I owe to the library first.  It has  been five years since I accrued the fines.  oooppps So maybe it is time to pay it.
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ pooh

"Inevitably, the tears of heartbreak water the heart they came from, and we grow."~Luke Storms

October 21, 2011, 03:46:30 PM
Reply #22
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

October 21, 2011, 08:06:05 PM
Reply #23
  • Superhero Member

Yeah tell me about it. I'm still into the library for about $7. I had to give them 5 bucks so they would let me check out books again.

October 21, 2011, 09:34:35 PM
Reply #24
  • Superhero Member

Can we get autographed copies?
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan

October 22, 2011, 12:23:02 PM
Reply #25

Mox have you ever read On Writing by Stephen King? The first half is autobiographical but in the second half he pretty much lays out the writing process as he goes through it. It might be worth reading and it's Stephen King so your local library should  have it. Just a thought.

I think I might own that book. I'll have a look around for it  :flower:

October 22, 2011, 05:48:15 PM
Reply #26

Moxie, that's a great beginning. Very moving.

If you get the book published, are you going to change the names? Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with using my real name and putting it all out there. But I have read some books about depression where people did that.

You're really brave for doing this.  :wave:
This too shall pass.

October 22, 2011, 06:14:21 PM
Reply #27
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

If I actually get this thing done I am going to use a pseudonym.  There are too many people still alive that will be in the book and I will respect their rights to privacy and as long as they don't know I wrote it things should be fine.  The chance though that they would even get a copy to read would be slim.  I sure as hell aren't giving them a copy.   
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:22:51 PM by moxielady »

October 22, 2011, 06:20:16 PM
Reply #28
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

Good idea. No way in hell would I use my own name.

October 22, 2011, 06:58:29 PM
Reply #29

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. As long as the names are changed, you should be ok.
This too shall pass.