Author Topic: cell phones  (Read 4017 times)

January 14, 2011, 09:04:44 AM
Reply #15

wow you had a 3 yr contract? I thought they only had 2 yr ones..i was able to upgrade early so i got lucky or would of been stuck with my broken phone til June. My daughter cant upgrade til June and her phone is missing the front panel but it still works LOL

Yes they have 3 yr contracts and that is what most of the people here go with as it ends up to be the cheapest as the phones themselves are hugely expensive (well the good phones anyway).  I didn't try the fix last night but am hoping to tonight or tomorrow....eventually I got to try it and if its a piece of junk I just go get a 40-50 dollar phone to get me through another year

F**king Crackberry (I like what your SIL calls it Sadie)

September 24, 2011, 11:20:18 AM
Reply #16

I have a cheap pre-pay phone and I only use it for text, and that in itself is a miracle, I am so NOT tech savvy  :www: I did get a debit card, FINALLY and I love it so much, I wonder why I waited so long (making people behind me wait while I wrote a check!) oh my

September 24, 2011, 03:06:09 PM
Reply #17
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

Debit cards are so much better.
Hate is so ugly, no matter how much religion you wrap around it.~Mox

September 24, 2011, 08:03:11 PM
Reply #18
  • Superhero Member

Wow, CRAPberry!  That's wonderful!  I thought everyone loved it & called it crackberry! 

I have to drag my primitive bee-hind into the present & get something with text & v-mail for my upcoming 'bidness' he he he!  I suppose ppl have to be able to reach me. 
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan

October 31, 2011, 01:04:30 PM
Reply #19
  • Superhero Member
  • Panda at Toronto Zoo

I have a samsung fascinate 3G and it is pissing me off! Okay...I can't seem to update it on my computer. I am with Telus. Spoke to Telus on the phone and went to a location where they can update it for me. And so, it doesn't work there. They were unable to bring up the software for it to load up. I'm going to cry. I got one more place to go to on Wednesday morning...UGH!!! Has anyone had trouble updating software on their phones?

Oh, I like the new name of the "Blackberry" Crackberry! That cracks me up! I almost got one...I'm so happy that I didn't!

March 19, 2012, 04:10:27 PM
Reply #20

i've got an iphone4s LOVE IT :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump:

March 19, 2012, 08:31:39 PM
Reply #21

I don't have a cell phone, and by choice.. hahahah I think at this point it is only me and about 12 other people. I would like an I phone, but I have no loyalty to apple, or would not defend it.. Some of us are not cultists, as it was mentioned previously  :biggrin:

March 19, 2012, 09:15:12 PM
Reply #22
  • Superhero Member
  • Mister: Slayer of strings and squeaky mice.

My service is still abysmal when whoever in the building that has the signal booster doesn't have it turned on. I need to call Sprint and bitch but it's hard to get motivated lately. One of the many things I'm supposed to be doing and haven't done yet.

March 20, 2012, 02:19:57 AM
Reply #23
  • Mistress Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Judge not lest ye be judged yourself

I have a droid X...i like it ok, but wish I had gotten the one with a slider keyboard. I hate the virtual one, its a pain in the ass to use

June 23, 2012, 09:18:31 PM
Reply #24

well, I have had every iPhone out there... and because they now have "The Cloud", i was considering switching... (I am, however, an Apple Cultist)  I have been for more than 30 years though... Not the "new fad" stuff... Now that's it's "popular"... I'm not so inclined to follow the crowd....

That being said...

I have tried the droids... don't like them.
Crackberries?  bought one and returned it within the day.
Samsung?  Love their stuff, but just recently bought a Galaxy Note because of the screen... hated it.

I'm now back to an iPhone4s.  It's truly the bomb... whether surfing, texting, emailing, talking, making alarms, or typing in my poetry on the run... It's "da bomb".

I have used Apple computers since I was 17 years old... i"m now, 50!

I think that's enough experience to say, "Apple Rocks"... cult, or no cult.
It's like driving a VW... YOU love them... or you don't.

I do.

But... i refuse to join that fucking Cloud!   :veryangry:
It's just another way for Big Brother to watch us...
Google's doing it as well...

We're screwed if someone actually tries to bomb us... they'll know exactly where we are, what we're doing, who we're doing it with, and just how long we'll be there...

And THAT'S the ONLY problem with Apple... it's getting increasingly difficult to use the iPhone without joining the Cloud... but if I have to switch to a "go phone" so people won't know my every move... by God, I'll do it!

:stop:

just sayin

August 04, 2012, 11:18:09 AM
Reply #25
  • Superhero Member

I have an Android for 6 months now.  Before then, I didn't have a fancy phone.  I never had an iPhone and not sure which is better. 

I use it mainly for checking the time (I don't have a watch), taking pics and surfing the Internet and using the GPS. 

When I recently discovered the voice-operated GPS and applications that showed me nearby places -- it changed my life for the better by opening up options that weren't available for me and made me feel resourceful.  I could be anywhere and if I want to find nearby coffee shop or gas station or wherever, it will bring me the list to choose from and use the GPS to lead me there.  It's a life saver.   :good:  If I miss a turn, it re-routes and helps me get back on course.  I love it.  Now, I can't imagine parting with it.  :wub:  I love my s for getting it for me.  :hug: :pump:

I also love taking pics with it.  I love that i can take pics continuously and not have to press back.

I also use the Internet but I haven't found out how to minimize the browser without closing it.  I will figure that out one of these days.

I'm sure I could do the same things with the iPhone but right now, i'm happy with the Android.

My only complaint is that I keep hanging up because it is a touch phone.  My ear sometimes turns it off while I'm talking to someone.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:24:16 AM by happy »

August 04, 2012, 02:26:40 PM
Reply #26
  • Superhero Member
  • Mister: Slayer of strings and squeaky mice.

I think it's about time for a new cell.

August 04, 2012, 05:42:32 PM
Reply #27
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

I used to chin hang up Happy. lol  My son and daughter have androids and they love them.  There are lot more apps for that then the Iphone.  I still have a dumb phone.  If I got to a smart phone I lose my service time I have accumulated.  My pay-as-you go has it where you buy minutes and you get some many days service.  What that amounts to is, if you can't add minutes to you phone and it goes to zero you have as long as the service days available to add minutes or they can give your number away after so many days.  I have until 2/21/2016 until they can take my number.  I have had this number for 5 years now.  EVERYTHING is tied to this number.  If I go to a smart phone I have top go to a monthly plan and all my service days go to 30.  If I was not able to pay one month, my number would be gone.  I can't risk it.  Not right now.  I might find a plan that will make me feel a bit more secure, then I would transfer the number to that one. 
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ pooh

"Inevitably, the tears of heartbreak water the heart they came from, and we grow."~Luke Storms

October 22, 2012, 05:00:28 PM
Reply #28

ATM im using my good old(ish) Galaxy S2 until my insurance send me out yet another Galaxy S3..

October 22, 2012, 08:08:37 PM
Reply #29

I still have my dumb phone. Although it's not that dumb. It does have a keyboard, which makes it easy to text. It also has a camera, but it's not that good, and I can't figure out how to get the pics off it. I don't think I will get an iphone. I don't think it's worth the price.
This too shall pass.