Author Topic: cell phones  (Read 4396 times)

October 22, 2012, 09:21:25 PM
Reply #30
  • Mistress Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Judge not lest ye be judged yourself

i just upgraded to the droid razr..i love it so far

October 22, 2012, 09:51:17 PM
Reply #31
  • Superhero Member

I still have my dumb phone. Although it's not that dumb. It does have a keyboard, which makes it easy to text. It also has a camera, but it's not that good, and I can't figure out how to get the pics off it. I don't think I will get an iphone. I don't think it's worth the price.

Did you try connecting it to the computer? And see if you can access the pics?

October 23, 2012, 11:08:59 AM
Reply #32
  • Superhero Member

good point!  I have some pics of acupuncture treatments that ppl want & if I could figure that out, that would be great!  Thanks for the idea, Happy!  (I'm such a technopeasant)
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan

October 23, 2012, 12:49:51 PM
Reply #33

Thanks for the suggestion, Happy. That's what I thought would work too, but I don't have a USB cord to connect it to the computer. I don't think it came with one. If it did, I lost it.  It says I should be able to email them to myself, but when I try it never works.
This too shall pass.

October 23, 2012, 12:53:17 PM
Reply #34
  • Superhero Member
  • My little Goddess Athena

Down, try sending the picture as a text, but putting your email addy in where the phone number usually goes....that's how I do it with mine.
"if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun"
Katherine Hepburn

October 23, 2012, 01:37:22 PM
Reply #35

oh thanks Sweetest. I will try that. I have some cute pics of the cats that I want to put on Facebook. I may share them on here too if I can figure out how to upload them.
This too shall pass.

October 23, 2012, 02:44:20 PM
Reply #36

You can buy the USB lead from more or less any phone shop walmart sells them also try radioshack they'll deffo sell them..
If not i'll got afew i dont use if the postage is cheap enough i could post one ur way..

October 23, 2012, 02:50:31 PM
Reply #37

I'll look into that. It would probably be expensive to send them across the pond.
This too shall pass.

October 23, 2012, 04:40:27 PM
Reply #38
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

Does your phone have a micro SD card?  Mine does and I can transfer the pics on that and plug it into my laptop.
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ pooh

"Inevitably, the tears of heartbreak water the heart they came from, and we grow."~Luke Storms

October 23, 2012, 05:05:23 PM
Reply #39

hmmm, maybe it does. I will have to check. I forgot to bring it to work today.
This too shall pass.

November 29, 2014, 04:51:36 PM
Reply #40
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

Well I finally broke down and got a smartphone. It's a huawei ascend plus . Not an expensive phone but I am liking it so far. I did have one concern with the placement of the emergency call button. It is very close to the unlock box and with the tardiv dyskenisia (sp?) My fingers tend to jerk when I am tired or doing fine motor things like tapping small buttons on the tiny screen. I have already accidentally called some people because of it. I downloaded a call confirm app hopefully it will help. I am loving the internet at my fingertips. Like star trek! Just amazing.
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ pooh

"Inevitably, the tears of heartbreak water the heart they came from, and we grow."~Luke Storms

November 30, 2014, 04:48:34 PM
Reply #41
  • Superhero Member

Is there some sort of swanky stylus you could get to poke at your smart phone?  That could be Star Trek-y too!
Carl Sagan

November 30, 2014, 05:14:14 PM
Reply #42
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

Yeah, I was looking at getting one of them.

November 30, 2014, 05:17:25 PM
Reply #43
  • Superhero Member

I hope there are sparkly ones so it could look like a magic wand!  That would be cool!
Carl Sagan

November 30, 2014, 07:21:22 PM
Reply #44

That's awesome that you got your first smartphone. I hope you can get a cool stylus.
This too shall pass.