Author Topic: cell phones  (Read 4193 times)

December 12, 2014, 11:13:31 PM
Reply #45
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

I went for function over fashion. It does the job. I got a wallet type case for it. I am liking it, but have a few questions, that maybe one of you all might know the answer to. It says I have 2.71 total internal memory, and that there is 2.10 left, but will only let me use roughtly 500mb for applications, and I can't move any of the preinstalled, so they take up some of that space. Why does it say that it basically has a 3G internal memory, but only let me use 500mb. That is confusing me, and I can't find the answer as to why. I have found that this is common, and that if I want to move some of the pre installed onto the sd card I would have to root the phone, and that ain't happening. There goes the warranty, and I could also wipe out the whole phone and end up with a paperweight. I am trying to work around it some how. I am trying to find apps I can put right to the SD card. But it is hard to know which ones will do that. Oh well, I am still enjoying the ability to use the internet at the touch of the button. Last week I was at the cafe and was sitting with bruce, and Rosel, Gairda's mom came in. She is about 4 foot and loads of fun. And doesn't' speak more than a handful of english words. She was alone. I later find out she had driven up. I usually have Gairda or Brain, Gairda's husband around to translate. I got on the internet pulled up google translator, and we chatted back and forth. It was fun. Sometimes the translations were a bit off, or the syntax is off because of the way structure their sentences. It was cool to be able to do that.
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ pooh

"Inevitably, the tears of heartbreak water the heart they came from, and we grow."~Luke Storms

December 13, 2014, 03:07:19 AM
Reply #46
  • Superhero Member

Moxie, that translator is amazing!  I was seeing a Spanish-speaking couple & the wife had an app - she could just speak the word into the phone and ... poof!  There it was!  Way better than me fumbling around with el dicctionario!
Sorry I am a tech-bonehead & can't answer your question.  I'm sure someone else here can though.  I have faith in the DB crowd!
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan

December 13, 2014, 12:18:53 PM
Reply #47
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

I didn't think about the voice recognition function! Doh! Next time!
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ pooh

"Inevitably, the tears of heartbreak water the heart they came from, and we grow."~Luke Storms

December 13, 2014, 01:26:09 PM
Reply #48
  • Superhero Member

Well, double doh here!  I didn't realize that was an option for everyone - I thought maybe you had to pay for it.  Oh the shame, shame, shame of my techno-peasantry!

I guess this just means you have to go back for a re-do with Rosel!
Carl Sagan

December 16, 2014, 04:12:07 AM
Reply #49

Out where I live in the boonies, cell coverage does not exist.  So, there is not point being attached to a plan and all the apps to down load.  I use my phone for emergencies, mostly, and calls when I am traveling.  I take pictures with the phone, but I also carry a small camera which takes better pictures.  It is a Kodak Insta-Share.

December 18, 2014, 12:47:57 AM
Reply #50
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

I have no idea. You will have to wait until someone like Andy sees this.
Hate is so ugly, no matter how much religion you wrap around it.~Mox

December 18, 2014, 06:15:25 PM
Reply #51
  • Superhero Member
  • Mister: Slayer of strings and squeaky mice.

Sorry but don't ask me. I don't even have a smart phone. I somehow got my phone to tell me out loud the numbers I'm dialing when I call someone and I have no idea how to turn it off. That's how backwards I am.

December 18, 2014, 08:38:50 PM
Reply #52
  • Superhero Member

I guess i don't feel so bad then.   :grouphug:
Carl Sagan

December 24, 2014, 04:53:20 AM
Reply #53

I just figured out how to use the cell phone without putting it to my ear.  I can speak and hear all at the same time!  I know, this probably makes me sound like the 'techno-twerp'.  Well, that is exactly what I am.  :giggle:

December 24, 2014, 12:48:27 PM
Reply #54

The problem is once you have a smart phone you feel like you can't live without it.
This too shall pass.

December 24, 2014, 03:18:31 PM
Reply #55
  • Superhero Member

Well, I resisted for a long time but I am really happy with mine.  It's great to have as much info as you'd like at your fingertips.  & I love the camera with mine - so much better than the previous phone. 
Carl Sagan