Author Topic: Once upon a time in Tiny Town ...  (Read 1587 times)

March 04, 2011, 01:37:19 AM
Reply #30
  • Superhero Member

Moreso, :grouphug: Don't be so hard on yourself.  Sorry, I haven't been able to offer much support...You are so loved here. :wub: :hug:

March 04, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
Reply #31
  • Superhero Member

Well, thanks again, everyone. 

It takes a long ass while to recover, so please be patient with yourself. 

I wonder why it takes so long?  I will stop kicking my own ass now, it is tiring.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan

March 05, 2011, 09:09:56 PM
Reply #32
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

I have no idea of why it takes so long, but it does. Be gentle with yourself.  :pump:
Hate is so ugly, no matter how much religion you wrap around it.~Mox

March 06, 2011, 12:30:17 AM
Reply #33
  • Mistress Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Judge not lest ye be judged yourself

(((((((Moreso)))))))) Your an awesome friend and I appreciuate you very much!! I dont care about IRL shit..your here for me and all of us now and thats what counts

April 17, 2011, 11:22:48 PM
Reply #34
  • Superhero Member

The Revenge of Tiny Town

I don't really know where to put this so it's going here.  Don't mean to be cryptic but I also don't want to be triggering to others.  Just in case, be careful if you're not feeling OK today:

***************************** trigger warning ***** re:  mention of abuse *************************

b/c of how I was brought up & b/c of my history where alot of things happened to me I am pretty sensitive to topics relating to issues of abuse.  A cpl of ppl close to me know my history and know that we have vastly different ideas about what constitutes abuse, consent, 'normal', etc. & from time to time they might bring up certain topics & points of view that infuriate me (maybe in reaction to a story in the news).  Perhaps to some ppl, like them (& others who don't know me), I might seem to be over-reacting.  But these are my reactions.  I cannot say that my opinions and reactions are not coloured by my experience.  But I can also say that I have thought very carefully about the topics & I continue to work on them in therapy.  I just wish these ppl who think they are my friends could be more supportive, especially in areas where I feel so vulnerable and alone.

Also, last clinic - I was really triggered by a client's history.  My heart just went out to her.  As it happened, another student did the intake & I was the assistant (& by protocol, the assistant & observer do not speak during the intake - & I'm ok with that).  Anyway, the lead student asked some questions that seemed out of line to me (I told her about it after) - it's mostly the attitude of ignorance behind the questions (even tho she is a compassionate person, she just does not know the definition of certain words and has lived a sheltered life).  But holy crap, was I ever triggered.  I was glad to only assist and not lead the treatment, I was dizzy & shaking as it was.  I have to talk to the director of the school to get some more training in there for the students.  They REALLY MUST KNOW what the words and phrases mean when ppl say them so they don't go and potentially retraumatize the clients by not accepting what the clients are saying & digging around for more info.  The school does give us 'counselling' courses & even though they emphasize that we are NOT counsellors & that we should refer ASAP when necessary, there are so many students who think that they're up to the task when they are not. 

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan

April 17, 2011, 11:36:48 PM
Reply #35
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Moreso)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Triggering

I once attempted suicide by cutting my wrist. For years after I was really sensitive about the scar. I once put a temp tat over it before I had a medical procedure to try to hide it. If you looked hard enough you could see it. The day of the procedure one of the nurses grabbed my arm to have a good look at the tat and commented about the scar on my wrist. I was mortified and I was also pissed at the insensitive bitch.

I guess the point is that some people just need to be taught better, like the other student, but there are some nasty people who work in caring professions and no amount of training will make them compassionate.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:37:55 PM by sadierose »
Hate is so ugly, no matter how much religion you wrap around it.~Mox