Author Topic: Sadie's Story  (Read 1050 times)

January 26, 2012, 03:33:05 PM
Reply #15
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

Some forms of dysautonomia are starting to become ICD coded. My particular form isn't yet but it gives me hope that they are now coding them.  :dreads: :dreads: :dreads:
Hate is so ugly, no matter how much religion you wrap around it.~Mox

January 26, 2012, 04:10:42 PM
Reply #16
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • My flickr photostream

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ pooh

"Inevitably, the tears of heartbreak water the heart they came from, and we grow."~Luke Storms

April 01, 2012, 12:36:57 PM
Reply #17

:fingerscrossed: Sadie, when I looked up dysautonomia, wikipedia said only Ashkenazi Jews get it. Are your parents of Jewish descent, or did Wikipedia steer me wrong?
This too shall pass.

April 01, 2012, 12:59:50 PM
Reply #18
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • everglades

I'm not Jewish. There are lots of different forms of dysautonomia though. The particular form I have strikes people of Celtic ancestry and mostly hits females, and one of the main symptoms is gastroparesis and low blood pressure. One of the main reasons it took so long for me to be diagnosed is that few doctors do research into dysautonomia. They are just now naming some forms of the different kinds and giving them ICD codes. Several got codes last year. Mine still remains uncoded, and possibly unnamed, too. You can go look under  the ICD 9 codes though and you'll find some that were coded last year.
Hate is so ugly, no matter how much religion you wrap around it.~Mox